Wednesday, May 24, 2017

AND THE ACTOR DIED

We used to say that actors don’t die in films but I’m talking of real life now. And so the curtain falls for one of the actors I admired most! Sir Roger Moore - the super cool spy 007. Oh, how I admired that secret agent. Maybe if I had the skills… honestly I secretly wished I could be an agent myself, enjoying all the perks of office, riding specially made cars that can turn to an aircraft at the press of a button, and dealing decisively with the bad guys. My dream - perform my tasks as smoothly as James Bond! I like to make my work appear so simple. No sweat must appear even if I must struggle hard to conclude my business or social assignment! Bravely attending and rocking the parties of villains before finally bringing them to justice. Fighting with my well-tailored suit and bow tie on and beating up some crook and still look impeccable afterwards. And Roger Moore in my view did play his ladies’ man roles with some panache; not as a womanizer but as a very honorable and respectful gentleman!

I am aware that my favorite actor played the British secret agent James Bond in seven feature films between 1973 and 1985. I am a proud collector of a James Bond 007 Special Edition set of 20 DVDs. I bought them in 2006 in Abuja. Only two days ago, I was drawn to watch one of them. For me each movie is an experience. I learn courage, how to dare, and keeping hope alive against all odds, adroitness, skillfulness, competence, nimbleness and loads more…


Reports says that the love with which the departed was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone. He left here at 89. I am happy for him. May the paths ahead of him be blessed and may he be open to all the loving help that surround him even at this time!

No comments: