Wednesday, July 26, 2017

THE BUCK STOPS HERE!

It was the American President S. Truman who popularised the saying above as he kept a sign with that phrase on his  desk during his tenure in the Oval Office. It is also the motto of the U.S. Naval Aircraft Carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75).(Wikipedia). The phrase speaks to the fact that the President has to take decisions and take responsibility which he will not pass on to others.

Therefore today I say that the buck of stupid fantastic stories, unedifying videos and audios, writings that set one faith against another, one section of my country against another stops on reaching my phone, laptop or any other device in my use. I “cast, bind and decree into nothingness” all such posts!  And now follows my presidential order and action: DELETE them immediately. I will not pass the buck on to others.


Permit me to  conclude this essay with the words of Paul, not Paul McCartney but Paul the Apostle  who in his epistle to the Philippians was quoted as follows: “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.” Philippians 4:8. By extension, these are also the kinds of things we should share with our friends and loved ones.



No comments: