Monday, July 31, 2017

THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO STILL WISH TO COMMAND THE ALMIGHTY:

The scripture you are relying on is Isaiah 45:11.Some versions of the Bible for example King James Version, supports your view. It says:
Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.


Here however are some other Bible versions of the same Isaiah 45:11 which totally negates your stand!


New International Version
This is what the LORD says-- the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?


New Living Translation
This is what the LORD says--the Holy One of Israel and your Creator: "Do you question what I do for my children? Do you give me orders about the work of my hands?


English Standard Version
Thus says the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and the one who formed him: “Ask me of things to come; will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands?


Please permit me close this by urging you to read the whole chapter 45 of the Book of Isaiah to put this important matter in context. You will find in the chapter, statements such as: "Woe to him who strives with his Maker, an earthen vessel with the potter! Does the clay say to him who fashions it, 'What are you making'? or 'Your work has no handles'? Given this context we see clearly that a creature cannot begin to question or issue commands to his Maker. Man should stop all arrogance and presumptions when thinking of God. We need to always bow down in humility before the Omnipotence and Omniscience of the Most High!


No comments: